1/29/08

Would you make up your mind?!

Watching the six o'clock news tonight the meteorologist said that right now it is 44 degrees colder then it was 24 hours ago - it is -4 right now and it was a whopping 40 degrees at this time last night!!!
This morning I woke up and turned on the news and saw that all of the schools around here were cancelled...I looked outside and thought to myself, who is deciding when to cancel school and where were they when I was in school?? I headed to my moms in Osage (10 miles away) to pick up my Schwans order..I left as soon as I got to her house because I heard it was supposed to get nasty (I've heard that before - I am yet to be convinced that the local meteorologists actually finished high school) but I had to drop off my sisters Schwans stuff before I went home. Her house is about five miles on the other side of my house from Osage...so as I left Osage, I noticed that it started snowing but wasn't terrible. I drove the fifteen miles to my sisters house and dropped off her stuff - chatted for about five minutes and got in my car to head the five miles back home. Holy cow! I didn't go any faster then twenty mph...it was NASTY!! My husband got home about a half hour after I did - so I knew it was bad because they hardly ever quit working for weather!

I took this picture of one of the cows this morning around 10:30..it had just started snowing and the wind was picking up...within an hour we could not see the cows from our kitchen window (approx. 200 ft) we couldn't even see off the porch!!!

This picture I took at six thirty tonight - the car is in the garage (the door is open, but still!) I tried to take some pictures of the weather outside, but all I got was snow.
As I type this, my husband (very kind-hearted but not very smart) is on his way to pull someone out of the ditch...quite honestly they are about ten yards from the nearest farmhouse I would go there before I put someone else in danger! What can I say...he can't say no.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BURRR!!

Do you like the filter that I used on the last picture of Brooke, Dylan & Chelsea?