11/14/07

It's that time of year...

Christmas is here...well, at least it is at my house. I admit it, I am a Christmas fanatic...I am completely obsessed with the Holiday. Last year I decorated for Christmas the day before Halloween, but I didn't put any decorations up outside because I had nothing to decorate...This year, I waited a while (November 2nd) but I didn't put the outside decorations up until Monday the 12th. I was really excited because I have a huge porch to decorate...I lit the lights Monday night so I could see what it looked like in the dark (it looks awesome by the way)..but Tom said "you aren't seriously going to leave those lit, are you?"


"I was thinking about it, why?"
"we always used to make fun of people who had Christmas decorations out so early"
Soo...I unplugged the lights and went outside to pout, but soon forgot about my problems and harrassed my cats with my new laser pointer.

In keeping with the Christmas theme here, I was on the internet the other day, searching for A Christmas Story..If there is anything that I love more then the Christmas Holiday is the movie A Christmas Story..I have already watched it three times since Sunday. So anyways, I was searching google for anything a Christmas Story (I was making out my Christmas list) and I came across the actual house that they filmed the movie in. Turns out it has been turned into a museum (just opened last Thanksgiving) it has been renovated into what it looked like for the movie and the guy also bought a house across the street and turned it into a gift shop.
So, I told my husband that that is where I wanted to go on vacation this year - Cleveland, Ohio. I even told him that we could eat at the Chinese resturaunt where the Parkers had their Christmas dinner (hoping that would entice him since he loves Chinese) "Are you kidding me?" he says, "I hate that movie!"
How could anyone hate that movie?!?! Doesn't look like I'll get to go to Cleveland anytime soon.. :(

3 comments:

Becky said...

Tom hates that movie because everytime he's watched he has to hear how much the little boy looks like Tim... and that makes him the dorky little brother in the snowsuit.
If you want you can take pictures of the house on Sunday, just feel free to wander. And yeah I think my plan of autum pictures outside is pretty much gone. Would you want to come to the house some night to do them?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

The porch lights look awesome all lit up. I love decorating for the holidays too. Do you have a tree up inside yet with a present under it for me??
Did you guys decide what to do for gift exchange? Couples or names?
I can't believe you'd want to vacation in Ohio before visting me!! It's pretty much like the movie here with the dogs eating the turkey on top of the table!

Becky said...

I talked to Ronnie yesterday and she said she'd tell you to bring snacky stuff. I'm going to try to make a popcorn snack thing (don't know if it'll be any good I've never made it before) to set out for grazing. But it doesn't matter to me, talk to Ronnie. We're doing the ham and rolls, Ronnie was doing the sides and a texas sheet cake, and I think she told Mehmen's to bring desserts or salads.

Do you like the filter that I used on the last picture of Brooke, Dylan & Chelsea?