12/15/08

Welcome to Iowa...

I checked the local weather this morning because we are under a "wind chill advisory" and the weather.com read, "-4 but feels like -27"....Yep NEGATIVE 27 degrees...Holy cow! I don't even wanna walk outside! Anyways, we had Christmas with my family this weekend, it was such a fun time! I have a little story about Christmas. When I was little, we had this cheesey little elf:

Not sure exactly where it came from but we have had it for as long as I can remember. When I was younger, as soon as the Christmas decorations were out, I would take the elf off the tree and go to my room and play barbies, or house with it. When it was time to put the decorations away, my mom would have to search my room because I would hide it from her. I don't exactly know what my fascination was with this dorky decoration. Anyways, this brings me to one of my Christmas gifts from my parents this year. A big(ger) elf Christmas decoration:Apparently there is a childrens book that talks about how the elf sits on the shelf and every night when kids are asleep it goes back to report to Santa on the good and bad things that the kids do during the day. Now, I don't know if the little elf has anything to do with the story, or where my mom even got the elf 15 or more years ago....
but I have to say, they do look a lot alike....


2 comments:

Becky said...

Ok, I need that book. Molly asked me the other day how Santa was watching her and I was so taken back I said "um, I think he has a camera?" She seemed to take that in stride, but I think next year that won't fly.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Tom and Jen!
We received your package today. Thanks.- I guess I have to wait until Brad gets home to open it - or maybe not?
Jen- I've been loving all of your Christmas posts...they make me home-sick.

Love,
Angie

Do you like the filter that I used on the last picture of Brooke, Dylan & Chelsea?